안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, January 5, 2013

SPEC: what kind of 'creature' is it?


Spec: An Essential Key for most Korean job seekers
Spec? What kind of Animal is it?
Well, it is not an animal. It turned out to be the short term of 'specification'.
The funny thing is that...I just learned that this particular word has been so coined in such a way that it has a special meaning in Korean language. I did not know anything about it until I set my feet again here in Korea.
So, what is so interesting thing about this Spec or how Korean affectionately(?) refer it with..스펙 (seupek).

I would not have been so intrigued had I not talked to my Korean friend who was about to have an interview the other day. She told me a lot about it and how it has affected lots of Korea's job seekers or fresh graduates. It has affected them so much that a lot of concerns have been raised as to whether this so-called 'monster' really necessary in the first place. Monster? Yes..some are so afraid of this spec that they got themselves obsessed with this and preoccupied with this...that .....86% of job seekers got stressed out of it.
I bumped into an article on the net (www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2011050907360652449) about this phenomena and how it has affected Korean youths.
It is reported that 8 out of 10 job seekers are stressed out because of this. Based on a survey conducted towards 802 people, 86.6% confirmed that they are under pressure due to this lovable creature (Hhehehe..this is my own coined word for spec). Even, 26% of them said that they are stressed out that they are in a state of necessary psychological counseling. Hmmmmm.....how serious.      ....................For those who might wonder what spec is ....?
please wait till my next entry......(If I would)^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...