안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, January 5, 2013

I wonder what Mbah Wir is doing now...

His name is Mbah Wir. That's how people would call him (gosh I am so terrible at memorizing names). He is still strong in his late 70s. Despite his on going routines, he keeps showing his true love to the only job he's ever known, that is collecting garbage from each household in the neighborhood. I feel somewhat ashamed to learn that he never even complained or got irritated when someone called out his name just to have him get the dirty and smelly garbage out of a house. For sure, it is not because that's what he does for a living, but as I learn more ..he's been through all of his life meeting diverse faces of people with their own tempers and attitudes..surprisingly....these are the things he cherished the most, so he said one day. Only by loving what one does and eager to meeting people are the only reasons why Mbah Wir keeps doing his job lightheartedly and with a smile on his face regardless of his age.
(now that I am in Korea, I never have a chance to meet him lately). 
The last time I saw him was during Lebaran/Eid Mubarrak two years ago... when he was busy preparing the preparation at Masjid.
I am just praying for his health.....someone who is as low profile as he is should be cherished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...