안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, January 26, 2013

Seoul Bench Design Contest

I was transferring at Wangshimni station before heading back home when I bumped into these cute bench designs at one corner of the station. I would not have been interested had they been ordinary benches.  The ones I saw were ( from what I guess) the winners of some sort of design competition held by Seoul city.
See the rhinoceros bench? Then...the yellow one up front on which instead of putting on a sticker to indicate whom the bench for, they simply carved out symbols indicating whom the bench was for.  
Then, I also encountered this baseball(?) bench. I am not quite sure though. Still, it looked so intriguingly interesting. I thought it was a thermometer or something, but with a ball right beside it, it could not have been so. Right? 
This Brontosaurus bench also caught my attention. Well...I am sure that this would be an eye-catching bench should all of those kinds of benches are all ready spread out and set up across the city.
These are just the prototype or some sort of exhibition at first.
Hopefully, they will be realized into a mass produced bench for the whole community to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...