안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, January 26, 2013

Skiing @ Konjiam Resort (part 1)

Another privilege of being a foreign student in Korea is....having an experience that I would not be able to find back home in a tropical Indonesia.^^ Should I mention one more? Being a foreign HUFS-an, it does come with its additional advantage, i.e. got invited to experience it for free. Well, we got to pay the least minimum amount to do so. So, just like what we had last year....we got this ski trip at another resort.
After an-hour trip from Seoul, we arrived at the ski equipment rental shop... 
This kind of shop is scattered around the area heading to the ski resort. We got to choose our skiing or snowboarding equipment that would include: gloves, ski shoes, ski pad (?), skiing stick(?), and the outfit. 
Everyone was busy choosing their own favorite color, shape, and size that would match their own personality. I guess. Well, I loved this color and that's why I had it on. I looked so fat in it.^-^ 
This is the signboard or sign balloon indicating where we could just visit and rent the equipment. The last time I had a skiing trip last year at Vivaldi Resort (read my other entry on this one, too), we were just heading straight to the resort and had our kits rented there. But, this time's different. Guess, it's cheaper and more convenient as it would cut down the time allotted to choose the arrays of kits available? 
Anyhow, we managed to have our kits in about 30 minutes for as many as 30 friends. Guess, each person as 1 minute to gear up for skiing or snowboarding? (Nope, of course). Each of us at least took 30 minutes to 'dress ourselves up.' 
Wait...what is this tempura udon is doing in here?
Yes, this is our lunch at that time. At Konjiam, we were advised to have our lunch first prior to start exploring the resort. That turned out to be quite true.
Well, there were lots of restaurants back there..but we ended up eating at a Japanese Restaurant. 
Well,  being a vegetarian...I could not enjoy it that much though it was edible. 
As for Wawan, he ate it all up. He loved it.  
As for me, I got to make sure that I could enjoy eating it. But...I got to eat...otherwise I would not have had any energy left to even start the skiing in the first place. 
Here we cooooommmmeeeee!!!!
First, I tried out the basic slope slated for beginners just like me. Though I did skiing a couple of times..I never consider myself being a good skier, let alone a pro. Way....no. 
So, the first couple of minutes...before gearing up into the peak(?), we were just playing around getting ourselves warmed up... 
It looked so impressive. The condominium down there on the right was tall..but once I was up on the starting point...I felt like choked up as to what the heck I was doing up there....how could I get down hill?^^ 
Before...gearing up, click click: a proof shot to prove that I was there.^-^  
Even the kids as old as 7 or 8 were so great and seemed like they did not have any fear....or whatsoever...That I just stopped skiing and started wondering.... 
As for Wawan, all I could say was that...for a first timer, he did manage himself quite well. 
Let's see what this is. I don't know and I did not even remember as to why I took this picture. 
Oh,  Oh...OH...do you see the four snow-terminator machine at the back row? 
That's the reason why I took this picture. 
Then, this is--if not mistaken--the basic intermediate slope. It challenged and teased me at first. I thought that it would be the same as the beginner's slope be. But, I was completely wrong...
I was trembling while going down the hill skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii 'crashed' ing. Well, I bumped into a snowboarding guy on my way going down... 
My gloves took a rest, too. ^^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...