안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, January 26, 2013

ITX `Ride to Chuncheon....

Finally, on the last week of Eyra's long winter holiday, we took the ITX train again to Chuncheon. Only this time, I managed to book  some seats at the 2nd floor as Eyra requested.  On January 23, 2013 we took the 09.40 train departing from Cheongnyangni station.
I don't understand kids. When they first saw this train, they said like" Daddy, Can we take a ride on that double-deck train? Please please please...." 
This was like months ago.  
Finally, after having a week day off for myself, I managed to take the kids on this train to the farthest destination that this train goes east as far as 70 km from Seoul. Not that far actually, for it took a mere an hour. 
The kids loved it. Well, they could get their own seating arrangement. As it turned out, we were not the only family with kids. The 2nd floor turned out to be quite popular among kids.  
Eyra and Freya were as always....ready to bring about their own stuff to enjoy along the way. 
and..this is what happened. All the toys, snacks, and games....were the 2nd best companion on the way 
Well, of course..they were also lured and got attracted to the scenery along the way (see other entry).

4 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Great blog!

    I was wondering how you book for the second floor seats of the ITX? I tried using the korail.com's online booking, but they just assign automatic seats for me. I really want to see that awesome view for myself. :) - Paola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halo Paola:)
      THanks for visiting our blog.
      I just came to the station (Cheongnyangni or Yongsan) and reserved the ticket from the ticket vending machine available. We can select the option available because the screen on the machine shows us which floor to take. Or better yet, just go to the counter and ask to reserve the 2nd floor of ITX.
      I am sorry...I didn't book it through its korail.com...so I didn't know how it would look.
      btw...do you live in Korea now or you're planning to visit here?
      let me know....thank you.

      Delete
    2. oh i see. i am actually just visiting this october. :)

      i really want second floor seats and if that's the only way we can get them (not online) then i'd rather buy from the machines. i'm guessing the machines do have english language option? that would make it a lot easier!

      thanks for your help :)

      Delete
    3. Well, then...I hope you'll have a great autumn outing in Chuncheon this Oct. Oh, just make sure that it'll be on the 3rd or 4th week of Oct. or better yet...the 1st week of Nov. since that'll be the best time to 'feel' Autumn in CHuncheon. Oh, btw...do you know Petit France (쁘띠 프랑스) , just in case you might get interested. Check it out on our blog, too. It's also in Chuncheon. thank you.

      Delete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...