안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, January 12, 2013

Home Sweet Home in Jogjakarta (Part 1)

Now that I live in Seoul...I kinda miss my home back home in Jogjakarta. Of course...Seoul is like a home to me now. But, surely...it's different. I mean...I did hot have as many spacious spaces as I used to have back home in Jogja. Living in a 2-room rental house in Seoul is surely expensive. Not to mention the monthly rent and its utility bills. And....no movie theater...since I am a movie freak. ^^
(hint: I got to say goodbye to my DVD player back home since it's gone now....^^) Thank you, my dearest movie player...
I also miss my book shelves where I could just stuff all of my books there. Lots of things to read and dump^^. And..the fact that it's spacious is enough to make me feel.....oh...relaxing. 
I remembered having fish as pet back then. All the menagerie I had on the shelf was like a little treasure, although they were no more than just little knick-knack or brick a brack... 
Whenever I felt like it, I remembered removing the TV set as to where I wanted to enjoy movie. Well, back then...it was a good-old days where I still had to take care of the house for the small family...

This is the facade when our house was still being built. I remembered going there almost on a daily basis to check and recheck its development. It's a very small house 123 meter squares. But, boy...the thought of having a home with our own budget was a relieving thought...especially when one's just got married.  
I like..I mean..my wife liked to decorate the house according to our taste. So, practically...we bought the curtain material, have it sewn at t nearby tailor and have them adorned the home...to our taste. We bought flower beds to decorate the back of the house..and other corners where our touches were needed.
Oh yes...the small green couch for couch potatoes like us was a must-have item at that time. I remembered buying that comfy-green couch with our own saving...yes..literally coin saving. We were like...collecting every unused little pennies we had and ...in a year..to our surprise...we managed to afford that cute thing.
now...bye-bye..but the memories still linger on.
Gosh..how I miss my home sweet home back in Jogjakarta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...