안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Banana tree 'pohon pisang' in Winter Korea

 The Banana tree in Korea....and even much more better...it IS in Winter. Well, I am not kidding. I was actually walking towards the famous dumulmeori when a huge glass-house or vinyl house (to be precise) caught my attention.
It was winter, indeed.
As soon I got into this so-called glass-house, I was greeted by the warmest and familiar smell of tropical garden. Isn't that cool?
And what shocked me even more was the banana tree that just stood right in front of my eyes....could not believe it.
I thought that any banana trees would never be able to survive the harsh weather of Korea especially during winter time.
But, it turned out to be wrong.




Here We were...
we took a shade under the banana tree leaves. It was perpetually perplexed by how this could be achieved in such an intact condition. I mean, come on...it was sooo cold outside, and yet...lots of tropical trees and flowers were just happily springing up and growing up tall.

The green leaves with their familiar smell really got my fullest attention that day.


 Look at the colorful flowers that dotted the whole place. It would not be enough to be just sitting around the place, for it offered a lot of plants and flowers and bushes to see and feel and yes....smell.

Could not stop myself from storing all of the images into my digital camera...

The banana tree I saw and felt in Korea is surely gonna be remembered as one of the best highlights of our trip that day.
Oh, what's more interesting than that...was that...it was all free of charge to be in that place. People are welcome to be there anytime they like.
I guess I'd like to thank anyone who dedicated their time and money and their integrity to run this place...
Simply loved it.
Do not mind coming back there again someday.

2 comments:

  1. di Indonesia banyak pastinya.^^ hehe, tapi yang ini ada di rumah kaca di Dumulmeori, daerah Chuncheon sebelah timur laut Seoul kira-kira 60km.Naik ITX (kereta express antarkota). ^.^

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...