안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Glee: The First Time : The Best episode ever up to now...in Season 3.

I Love Glee. I do.
Never have I been his excited of being one of the fans in Glee-nophenon.
I remembered setting my eyes for the first time into Glee...
And...now I have never missed a single episode.
Now...it comes down to the season 3, 5th episode....which really took my breath away...^^


I think I owed this to the directing skills of Bradley Buecker who managed to unfold the stories in different ways.
I love the way he uses the West Side Story's songs to interlude...to tell...to knit...to portray the stories in the episode.
Even I love the intricately and cunning intro into the new Warbler's Sebastian who seems to be so douchy and charmingly intimidating.....and he could jeopardize the whole world of Kurt&Blaine's.
I think lots of people might just want to give him a punch on his face...for being so blatantly hitting on Blaine.
.....
Gosh  I do not know where to start...but......this episode is so intense...
All of the characters mainly the main characters...got their part....so well done..that I sometimes almost forget that this is Glee which used to be so easy-going and light in story telling....
but this time....some depths into the realms of each characters did show up and left marks on me at least.
Even, Michael Chang's visage did tell something how passionate he is in dancing or acting.....
and...most of all....coach Beiste's heart-wrenching scene ever....I can't wait to see where this will lead in more episodes to come...

Now....back to the 'The First Time's suggestively sex or promiscuity hinted on the episode.....
I am not into promiscuity or something. In fact, I kind of disagree of this so-called 'coming of age' story of the main characters in having their first time...(Rachel & Finn)...and (Blaine & Kurt).
Wow..or fortunately..it was a good thing that the scenes are modestly portrayed. The positive and negative effects of what to ponder and think before doing it....are all put into the episodes. I think Glee just wants the audience to judge it by themselves...

West Side Story's "When Love Comes" pretty much sums it up...

I think since I cannot just write in order..I just write it based on what I remembered....might as well....telling what I admired most.
1. First, I think the 'Up Town Girl' was OK. It's been such a long time since the last time any Warblers were portrayed in Glee. Although I think the song kinda ozzeed out or way off from the theme of the episode, I remembered the way the new character--Sebastian--is introduced. From the first scene, it was so obvious that he was hitting on Blaine. He dared himself to outspokenly say that he's been looking for this legendary Blaine. He said something like....:)
"So, you're a legend at Dalton.  Don't be modest. I don't know who this Blaine guy is...But apparently he's a sex on a stick and sings like a dream. So, sex that I missed, though.'

WHAT? who the heck he is....that he just.....said that:) aha..

I felt like wanting to hit him on the face...:)
Never have I been this so involved in the TV drama like this...(I think I have put myself into trouble....:)


Now comes the best part....
The episode 5 started to captivate me...once again because of the directing or the angle of the camera...that was sooooo different from the previous episodes.

When Sebastian is trying to hit on Blaine...by asking...."Why did you leave Dalton? were you bored of all the preppies around  here or is it that you broke too many hearts here to stay?"

Blaine is flabbergasted and dumbfounded numb.
Then...the camera zoooomed into the back of Sebastion and suddenly Rachel and Santana sings the background song of West Side Story's 'A Boy Like That' in such an endearing way to portray the clumsiness that Blaine had....
Gosh, I cannot get enough of the way it is directed...
just simply love it.

## Gosh...how could someone who just met other for the first time said something like that...otherwise he had something in his mind. Even he got some nerves to do it...despite ..or against the odds of knowingly that Blaine got a boyfriend.
wow...that's harsh.
Sometimes I wonder...why Glee has to introduce this new character.....^^

2.  Second. Coach Beiste's subplot is something that should be praised, too in this episode. I think on this episode she did steal the show. It was the first time that she got someone she was interested in. The way the story unfolded was also a nice one, too. It was clear how she has been holding this up to the moment..... She is so great in capturing...the sad moment of her heart. so touching...^^
cannot wait to see how it is going, too

3. Rachel and Finn's gonna-be first time was also awkwardly funny. I think it shows how Finn really like or love Rachel. He's been kinda calm and patient enough to do whatever Rachel's been asking him to do..even...on wait or abstinence from sex...until this episode.

4. The scene where Kurt met Karofsky in a bar was also a memorable scene since it kinda shows how they have grown into respecting each other.
5. Finn's desperate realization that life was more than just football and singing..was also a good or realistic portrayal that was about time to show up. It sort of showed that Finn was matured to be a man.

Oh.....Santana's voice is so distinctively captivating....^^in this episode. She sings 'A Boy Like That' and 'America' that really sums up her true characteristics in the best vocal ever....

I think the end of the episode with Blaine's and Rachel's rendition of 'One Hand, One Heart'
'with this ring, I thee wed...
with this ring, I thee we....
while the camera zooming out...into the worlds of Rachel's and Kurt's with their partners....
once again..fortunately..it was calmly and modestly...portrayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...