안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Wednesday, November 2, 2011

냉반쫄면 Naengbanjolmyeon

냉반쫄면 or literally translated into 'chewy noodles on a tray'. Yes, that's it.

I did not know what it was or let alone how it would taste in the first place.
쫄깃쫄깃하다 (jolgit jolgithada) means 'chewy' or 'al dente'. So, this should've given me a hint what it would taste like actually.^^
I ordered it simply because it had no meat on it.
I looked at the picture and it seemed so nice and looked so delicious, especially it had lots of vegetables that go with it.
...
Ok. It was 5,500 Won or about US$ 5.
Cheap for a diner in a place like this. (Well, it was about 2,500 Won at campus:)^^
Then, here came the naengbanjolmyeon that I ordered. After a device that I got from the food stall 흔들 흔들하다 (heundeul heundeeulhada) or vibrated, I got up from my seat and went to the food stall to receive the food I ordered.
You see, there are no waitresses  or waiters whatsoever in most places in Korea, well of course there are...but not as many as we might have expected. So, that means we--the customers- should be ready to be the waiter of ourselves. A different culture.
yummy, eh?
This is it.
I tasted it first.
Then....I kinda liked it and kinda felt not sure if  I would be able to eat them all...because it was spicy and sour at the same time.
It turned out that the goju (red chili) paste was mixed with the vinegar and sesame oil. Well, that explained.
But, it was nice though...especially lots of veggies are mixed into one place (tray): carrots, cabbages, onion leaves, sprouts, and others that I did not know of:)
All in all, it was a great dinner we had.
Oh, I am sure that my wife would love to have this....it is soooooo Meity's since it tastes exactly like asinan Bogor..only that it uses the noodles instead of fruits.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...