안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, November 5, 2011

Korean traditional wedding ceremony

It was still in 민속촌. After watching the whole session of tightrope trapeze, I rushed into the 'nobleman (yangban)'s mansion' where an elaborate Korean traditional wedding was about to embark its journey.
Since it is carried out daily as part of the show, I wonder that the bride and bridegroom must've gotten married everyday and repeat the whole session  each day...in their life.
In addition to its long and seemingly tedious processes of wedding ceremony, I guessed that was what really happening. ^^.



So, the so-called priest and the whole family came and recited the process of the ceremony.
I found it attractive to see it live like that..despite its being 'touristy'.
Ok, back to reality.
We were ushered into the realm of traditional and yet nostalgic feeling of what it would've been like being  a bride at that time...^^
Since there were lots of spectators, I could not find a proper angle to take the picture, though. But I do hope that it pretty much summed up what did happen on that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...