안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, November 6, 2011

Idul Adha (Eid Mubarak) 2011

Got up at around 6 and took a shower.
even the consulate office was turned into a prayer venue...since lots of people did come to celebrate the occasion
So cold.
It was raining.
6 degrees Celcius. 
That was what I learned.
It was Idul Adha, Hari Raya Haji, Eid Mubarak...
Instead of going to the Mosque at Itaewon, Wawan, Jobirson, and I went to Indonesian Embassy at Youido. 

aning and me

Pak Yuda, Jobirson, me and Sidum
Pak yuda: on a recharging program at SNU
Jobirson, our friend from Uzbekistan
Sidum, Embassy officer --my old time friend back home in Indonesia



It was 7.20 or so in the wee morning of cold and chilling Autumn. Not many people were seen on the street...and it was the first time ever..that ...we could sit on the Metro to our heart's content..since not many people were present. hahaha.
It took us about 45 minutes from HUFs to Daebang station where we're supposed to stop.
But, I did not know what got into me that all of a sudden I got this crazy idea of transferring at the newly established station (line number 9). I thought that the new line would stop at Saetgang station which lies only 200 meters away from the Embassy. But, instead of stopping there, it went straight to Yoiudo station which was of course way far off than the Embassy.
taking a rest after the commotion ^^
Since we did not want to be late....we took a taxi and rushed ourselves into the embassy..only to find that lots of people had already filled in the room. Even, all floors were packed with people.
Had we arrived later, we would not have gotten a better place to pray.
Thank God that we made it in time for the prayer time.

As the number of jamaah exceeded the expected number, the Idul Adha prayer was carried out in two shifs to accommodate those who came late or those who could not get enough space to pray.
It was a good decision.
Then....even after the prayer was over, ...it was time for the to take another challenge..: taking a queue at the men's room

Then, that was not all..since I got to wait for another 1 hour or so to take my breakfast...^^
I thought that there would be something that I could eat, e.g. tempe or something: O dream on, Suray....
but....what I got were spicy eggs, cucumber and meat(?) that of course I could not enjoy since I am vegetarian.
Ok. then...it was time to settle down and relax.
Jobir and me in front of the Embassy
Oh, lets see what happened, too..today. I met my student, Aning, who's about to leave for Indonesia in two days' time. She said that she was happy since her treatment goes successfully.. She is now fully recovered from blood-related disease that had been perturbing her life so far. 
She must be so pleased and thankful for having received such a warm life here.

Then, off we went home..
we were standing all the way from Daebang to HUFS stations....it's OK.
then...it was not OK.. actually simply because we needed another meal. So, we went to a restaurant to have dolseot bibimbap--my fave dish right here in Seoul.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...