안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, November 12, 2011

Awesome Opening Ceremony of SEA Games 2011

SEA Games (South East Asian Games) 2011 has now been officially opened in Palembang, South Sumatera, Indonesia.
I was awed by the spectacular opening ceremony on November 11, 2011 (11-11-11).



Thanks to YouTube, I can watch it online. I never thought that the city of Palembang did their best to outperform the previous opening ceremonies of SEA games. I think this is by far the best opening ceremony ever. The use of technology to boost the rendition of cultural highlights of Indonesia did steal the show. And..yes...the spectacular fireworks on display prior and after the opening ceremony was also something that not to be missed.

I mean...actually..I did not expect it to be like that in the first place...I thought that it would be just another passing and easy-to-forget opening ceremony like in the previous events...but...it was all beyond my expectation....for a city like Palembang, this is the biggest achievement indeed.
I am sure that all of my fellow Indonesians and I think other friends from other South East Asian countries may share the same opinion. Well, at least this is my humble opinion.
The computer generated images and simulation portrayed and projected onto the field as well as the gilded and sparkle-dazzle lights on all imaginable corners of the stadium were also the eye-catching renderings of what it had to offer.
All in all...it was all worth-it.
The hard works of the whole committee was like a paid-off work.
It was simply splendid.
I just hoped that the closing ceremony would top it off, too.^^

---actually..there is one thing that cringed me....i.e. the light up event of the torch..it was a odd...that the flame did go off even before Susi managed to throw the stick she was carrying. I assumed it was just a kind of act, then. I know that it must be hard to hit the target....so, why did not she just push the button or something....so this kind of 'cheesy' thing did not happen. ^^

- an another thing...: I hope that the opening ceremony that I am sure used lots of money....did not hamper any other things that should be done to make it into a successful event in SEA history. Well, I am sure that the committee have done their best and they are now.
Ok, let's hope for the best and the success of this SEA Games 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...