안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Thursday, July 11, 2013

1st Day of Ramadan @ Itaewon

The first iftar we had in Seoul Central Mosque. It's a tradition that the Masjid holds every Ramadan on a daily basis. Everyone coming to the Masjid is served with iftar (breaking the fast). It was like a privilege to be here since we could meet lots of Muslim from other countries sharing the common way of celebrating Ramadan. 
This is where we get donation..I suppose. 
Today's first menu was well..what would a Ramadan be without dates. 
The committee prepared hundreds of iftar everyday. It's neatly arranged an hour before dusk and then... 
people started to sit around the food and we started the first iftar of the first day of Ramadan.... 
As for me, it was also a good start to make friends and associate myself with others who came to the Masjid. 
It's been a great day.
Alhamdulillah. 
Then..came the big feast...after Magrib prayer, people lined up to have their share of the first big meal ( I did not know what). I went home as soon as I finished magrib prayer. But, I'm sure that it must be something with 'meat' or 'chicken' which....happen  to be not in my list: hey..I am a vegetarian.^^
I wonder as to when there'll be vegetarian-friendly 'feast'? 
Not a chance, right? But, it's a good thing that I am not into meat-eating culture..so I can skip this long line-up and concentrate on other things. 
So..that's been my first day of Ramadan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...