안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, July 5, 2013

Cloud Cafe Above Han River (part 1)

Cloud Cafe. Yes..I saw the sign every time I pass this bridge over Han River. Yet, I did not have any chance to go visit this cafe until I went there with my family. It was not a planned trip or anything. It was nothing more than just an afternoon hangout. 
Freya was on the lead. 
She was practically alone on the highway.^^ Isn't that cool? Yes, we walked from the subway station and made up our mind to go to one of the Han River landmarks: Cloud Cafe. 
In order to reach the cafe, we got to walk through the bridge that connects the river bank and the cafe itself. We were right at the side of high ways.!! 
The clear blue sky!! What a great day it was! was it hot? You bet. Summer is Seoul has always been hot and humid. But, it never dampens our spirit to enjoy exploring the city. With the kids who always ask me to go out...I could not resist it either.
Let's go!!
We could see the whole view of Seoul from above the bridge... 
See the 'black' structure at the back? That's the Cloud Cafe. The bridge, the jetty, the river, the sky, the clouds..the passing cars below...were all intertwined to make it more worthwhile to enjoy. 
Especially as soon as we reached inside the Cafe. The view was breathtaking. Well..who would not want to spend an afternoon in the summer heat here? It's air-conditioned. The huge glass almost 360 degrees...is what made it even more tempting. We sat facing the river and the view far beyond. 
The kids loved it..and me, too. It's our first time and what could be more tasty than checking out how the patpingsu (summer ice-specialty in Korea) tastes like in here. 
While waiting for the patpingsu ready to be served, I took some snaps of the view. The river and the bridge with its cars passing by were more than enough for me. It looked just splendid. I love the water and everything around it. 
See how green it was. Of course it must also be due to the camera I was using. But, at least..the lanes, the trees, the river, the river cruise, and the apartment beyond were enough to ease and soothe our eyes.... 
Yeaahhh...patpingsu's ready. Let's dig in...
Summer+Patpingsu = bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...