안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, July 20, 2013

Namhansanseong (Namhan Mountain Fortress): Part 5

Finally I could see the fortress. Yes, one of the fortress that I wanted to see. 
As I reached the end of the trail, finally a glimpse of the fortress was visible. 
This 17th Century South Gate is dubbed to be the biggest one among four other gates in Namhansanseong. 
But, is it really the biggest? Well... 
That's not the point. What I cherished most was the fact that I managed to hike to reach this Gate. Could not believe it myself. I was still fasting and I felt like I forced myself. No water. I was almost dehydrated. 
but..the sheer feeling of joy and triumph set in. 
An automatic mode made it possible for me to 'capture' the moment of me being there. 
I learned that this Gate existed even before King Injo (Joseon Dynasty) built the fortress in 1624. I did not know how to understand it, but..that's exactly what it's said on the placate. 
Anyway..one more picture before getting myself closer to cross the fortress and then..going back again, I mean..climbing down the mountain. Oh..no...I still got a long way before going back to the city. 
One more historical fact: this fortress was used by the royal family to flee themselves from the Manchu invasion in 1636. 
The blue sky over one of the trees: it was a good thing that it was not raining, otherwise I'd got to cancel this 'spontaneous' hiking feat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...