안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, July 7, 2013

Exploring China Town: Freedom Park (Jayu gongwon 자유공원) (part 3)

Let's take a peep into Freedom Park. I am not sure as to why it is called so. But its name must've derived from the fact that this used to be very spot where Gen. Macarthur initiated his role in freeing Korea during the Korean War. Or...I could be mistaken it for the fact that this park (which is located on mount Eungbongsan) is also an important location during Japanese colonialism. Anyhow...let's enjoy the park.
I took the picture of the Incheon port before going up the hill. 
But..before ascending into the hill (yes..I am sure it is just a hill *not a mountain*), I spotted an ajeossi who was selling Korean traditional cake. It cost only a Dollar for one piece. I did not buy it, though. He must've been so proud of preserving the traditional 'legacy'. Salute to you, ajeossi. Wait..he looks more like a harabeoji to me. 
okay..now let's start going up... 
The Park consists of trees with many benches where people could just relax and enjoy the day..especially in summer like this. And...as you'll see (in my other entry)..the park with the statue of Gen. MacArthur is also visible.Anyway... 
I was absorbed into what this harabeoji was doing. Apparently he was selling some calligraphy in Chinese characters. I do not quite make out what he was making but it seemed to me that he did draw some attention from passers by. 
See? 
And..the funny thing was that..most of them were also harabeoji. I guess it might've been due to the fact that Chinese characters appeal elderly more than to the youngsters these days. I could be wrong, though. Or it just happened on that particular day. 
Continuing our tour..we walked up the hill in the shades. Gosh..I love it. The fact that we came to this kind of place was a bliss in itself. Well, it's not that different from what we have back home in some parts of Indonesia. Yes...green trees with canopies... 
But..the heat...gosh...
Luckily, Mama prepared some right-onto-your-face kind of spray to tush away the heat...^^ 
The stairs leading to another entrance of the China Town.  
We did not descend the stairs, instead we went up straight to another section in the park..and let's see what came up next...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...