안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, July 20, 2013

Namhansanseong (Namhan Mountain Fortress): part 1

I was still fasting. But, my appetite for traveling was not. 
Without knowing what to expect, I just packed my backed after attending a Friday prayer at Itaewon and went straight to 1-hour long ride by subway to Namhansanseong. 
What is it, actually?
Well, first..let me just jot down and post up the pictures I took on my way there as soon as I got off at 남한산성입구역 Namhansanseongibgu station exit 1. 
Oh, it's line 8, by the way.
As any typical neighborhood in the outskirts of Seoul, markets like this were apparent.
Gosh..I love those watermelon. 
I took the picture simply because of their contrasting colors that captured my eyes. 
Then, something struck me hard.!^^
I found odong-odong. I thought that by-the-street kid's play like this one...was only to be found in Indonesia. I mean, Korea would never have this kind of 'thing' being displayed on the street. They'd prefer having them inside the air-conditioned malls, or something. 
But, I was wrong. Well, of course, this one was different. The one(s) we have back home are operated manually. I mean..someone pedals the machine to make it move! Meanwhile, this one is operated by inserting a 50 Won coin that would play for about 10 minutes.  
Enough said. then..I kept on walking for about 15-20 minutes until I found a fly over. The entrance to the Mountain Fortress was located just after we passed under the fly over. We'd surely find the entrance since it's obviously written. (sorry, no picture, though).  
Oh, one more thing that I'd better mention is the fact that the street leading to the main entrance to Namhansanseong is full of shops specializing in mountain climbing apparels. 
Eider, Kolon Sports, Columbia, etc. you name it you'd probably end up meeting them.
It was my first time of going there...so upon encountering these shops, I got more confident that I was going on the correct direction.
And lots of people (mostly in their 50s or up) wearing climbing outfits were visible along the way. This was also another boost to my confidence that I came to the right place.
(once again, this was my first time at Namhansanseon). 
I got off at 남한산성입구. Do not get off at 산성 (Sanseong) unless you want to go up the mountain by a bus that would transport us to the South main gate. But, that would mean you're already on top of the mountain. Then..it wouldn't be climbing up, instead it would be climbing down the mountain.
Well, any course will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...