안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Paris Baguette That Sells Bikes?

On the bus on my way home I couldn't resist myself from not taking the picture of this 'what-the-heck' shop.^^
I mean..all Koreans must surely know what "Paris Baguette' is. 
It's a bakery shop/cafe that specially sells ..well..of course cakes and pastry and cookies and tarts and any edible stuff.
But..the particular Paris Baguette that I saw...SELLS bikes.
Yes..because it is NOT actually Paris Baguette, since it was transformed into a 삼천리자전거 (samcholli jajeongo '3000 li bicycle).
Of course I know that the shop was previously occupied by Paris Baguette shop, and yet...despite the fact that the new owner of this bicycle shop knew it all along, he -- I bet-- did not bother himself to take off the orange canopy with "Paris Baguette" inscription on it. 
That's what makes it 'intriguingly' interesting for anyone who knows the 'what's that-what's this' in Korea.
*li = a distance measurement originated in Korea, I am not quite sure the equivalence of 1 li in meter or mile. Anyway...3,000 li is a far distance, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...