안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lunch & Shopping on Sunday

Lunch time
I was so hungry since I could not even heat the rice in the microwave. It was broken.
I went back to my dorm, called Wawan to ask him if he wanted to have some lunch also. He said why not.
Then, I was taking up a lift down to the 1st floor only to find Elmira--from Kazahtan--who was then asking me where I was going. Upon finding out that I was about to have lunch with Wawan, she said that she would love to join us along.
Then..off we went to the street.
First, we thought that the neighborhood at the right side of HUFs would have restaurants as the main road does. It doesn't have many. It turned out that they were quite more expensive. Then, we changed our idea to stick to the main road in front of the school. As we were walking down the alleys full of Korean restaurants, I was greeted by two students whom I met at UGM for student exchange programs. They were kind of surprised to see me here. But, I guessed that was alright since not many people know about it.
Then, they told me that if I wanted to take some rapukki (ramyeon and tteokpukki), I should go to the tteokpukki world (simply the name of the restaurant). It was an underground restaurant with nice couches and ambience. A nice service, too.
We had 즉석떡볶이 (jeukseok tteokpukki)...well..we never knew what it was until it came out as we ordered. Intentionally, we did order this one since it did not contain any pork or ham, but fish and tuna nugget and vegetables and of course noodles in it. Plus: the main ingredient of most Korean food: gojujang ( a chilly paste). the whole ingredients were mixed and boiled at a pan on the desk in front of us; so we could see the ajumma prepared the whole dish for us. Since we did not eat much, instead of ordering 3 meals, we just had 2 dishes to share--which was fine to ajumma.
It turned out that it was so delicious that we order one bowl of rice to be put and mixed into the remaining gojujang so as to make it into a bogeumbab (fried rice). We ate it all, especially the one with rice on it. It was the best part--I think I am the one who eats a lot..:)
Even, we got free soft drink--coca cola; simply because we are foreigners: that was what ajumma told us. What a treat!


Shopping
It was not a big shopping time. In fact, we were thinking of buying another pack of ottogi rice to cook/heat over the microwave.
However, aftur some time strolling inside the E-Mart, we ended up buying lots of food and stuffs. Here are the list of what I spent for 26,000 Won (US$ 27) only for one-stop-over shopping. I bought these:
1. LG detergent and softener. *(Won 7000). The big one that would be enough for six months:)
2. Lock and Lock plastic box (*2300 Won) to keep my kimchi fresh.
3. Buksunga (a fruit), (*2500 for 4 pieces)
4. Kimchi (pickled cabbage) (*1350 won, the smallest wrap)
5. Six packs of Ottogi cooked rice (*3,250 Won), an easy and convenient way to have a decent rice for meal:)
6. One can of sweet corn (* 1,300 Won) that I love so much. I used to eat it when I lived in Korea a few years ago.
7. 이마트우유 (E-Mart milk), 1 lt for 1,500 Won
8. One mug for coffee or tea (*4,000) at the dorm. I did not bring any mug from home so I got to buy one.
9. Vegetable rice seasoning (it is called like this in Korean 칼슘을 넣은 밥한그긋뚝딱 야채맛 which literally means 'seasoning made of vegetables that will instantly make one bowl of rice full of Calcium'). How interesting is that?
I bought a lot of stuffs that I got to bring two E-mart paper bag (each costs 100 Won). So, next time I go to E-Mart, I got to make sure that I bring along my paper bag so I do not need to purchase any more bags.
So, the pictures tell about the food that we ate and the shopping stuffs that we had.

It has been Sunday Afternoon in Seoul :) September 4, 2011.






No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...