안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, September 16, 2011

Foreign Food Market at Itaewon

The third Jumatan that I have been into. It means that I have been in Korea for almost 3 weeks, then. Hmm..
And this was also the first time that I bumped into a foreign food market. I was walking down the alley towards Itaewon after the Friday prayer. It caught my attention since lots of foreigners were just coming in and out of the store, so I guessed that there must have been something that they can get in there.
So...I paid a visit.
It turned out that it sells lots of international brands from many nationals. I found STMJ, Nyam-Nyam, Kopiko, Indomie, ABC ketchup, tempe !!!!!! my favorite food......and many other things that I may need for further reference.
The prices are also reasonably inexpensive.
The indomie costs 450 Won each or a mere 3,500 Rupiah...which I think is almost the same price should I go in the upscale store in Indonesia. So, it was a great relief that I found this store.:)
Still, my friend suggested that the stores in Ansan ( a satellite city on the outskirt of Seou) would sell those stuffs cheaper! Wow, way to go.
what a treat!!!

Anyway, it was a great sight to see.
Then, we had lunch at Mr. Kebab--a Turkish restaurant.
Wawan, Budi, and Yoga (my new friends from Indonesia that I met today), as well as Jobirson were having our lunch there. Since I am a vegetarian, instead of mutton, I asked for a Kebab with potato wedges in it.:)
It was alright, though.
Afterwards, Budi showed us a place in Dongmyo station. It turned out it was a place where we can buy bargain stuffs from bric a brac, knick knack to all luxurious or antique stuffs at bargain cost.
Jobirson and Wawan bought this Korean - English dictionary for a mere 9,000 Won.--only one fifth of the price of those at the bookstore. Wow. what a bargain.
Indeed, we had a great day, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...