안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, September 12, 2011

Namsangol Hanok Village <남산골 한옥마을> part 2


I was a bit excited since I’ve been to this kind of place before. But, it turned out that it offered so many other things I never tried before. First, I was lured to try take a picture with a draped figurines out of Korean drama. Some people (or most I guess) did try squeeze their faces into the small hole that would fit enough for their visage to represent the figurines in place.
I never thought that many people would try on it. I did not.




I was more intrigued by the chance of taking a picture with Seoul Tower beyond as the background.





 Oh oh...I saw jipsin or Korean traditional sandals made of straws! They were interestingly woven and would you just look at the colorful little ones.
Aren’t they just cute?
 And...do you see the ones above them? They are so big that I think 3 people can fit into those:) I think it was just made for a mere fun:)




So, here I was.
I was carrying a traditional backpack that farmers used to carry on their back. I think it is called 지게 (jige).
I did try on it which turned out to be a bit heavier than I thought it would be. Hmm, indeed, it was a new experience for me.


This one looks pretty awkward on me. Well, no harm trying, though. I tried to show off how heavy it actually was. Instead, I put a grin on my face. Well, just for an act of taking picture, that's why.






This picture shows my friend, Jobirson, and me taking a picture in front of the straw handicrafts or household utensils used by Koreans in the past.






This one shows Jobirson showing us an egg holder/keeper made of straw. How cute and inventive is that! 
Never knew this before. J




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...