안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, September 12, 2011

Namsangol Hanok Village <남산골 한옥마을> part 3


Before I knew, I was already enjoying the diverse traditional games of Korean people/children back then; the diverse old lifestyle of Korean people back then; and other that I would not dare to even try.
 
I also caught a glimpse of two (three) girls dressed in Korean traditional costumes playing a traditional Korean see-saw called Nol-Ttwigi . Unlike the usual see-saw that most people know where riders sit atop either side of the see-saw, nol-ttwigi participants stand on their side, then jump up, forcing their partner into the air on the opposite side. 



This game is popular among females, usually during traditional holidays and festivals, just like Chuseok that I was into yesterday. I think it was fun, I mean...it looked fun and easy...but...most of us who tried on it....did not even jump higher than 10 cm!!!! It is as easy as it looks.





I had also noticed that lots of other Korean traditional games were displayed. Yut (four sticks game)..where I could see the huge sticks scattered among the floor. It looked fun as well.





This one is called hmmm...let me think....I think...it is...ooops I forgot what it is called. hehehe
hmm...oh oh...I know..it is Tuho...Yes...that's what it is. We stand on the line then throw the sticks into the small barrel. good luck with that. I found it quite difficult :) 


Then, on another lot of the festivals, I saw a kite-making booth where parents and their children could have a chance to try their skills in making Korean traditional kites called yeon (). 






The colorful pictures put on the kites were what made them distinctive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...