안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, September 17, 2011

Yongsan Electronic Market

The theme of today's program was taking our friend, Jobirson, to Yongsan where eventually he bought his Toshiba notebook that he'd been dreaming of.
The trip started at 10 in the morning. There were 6 of us: me, Jobirson, Felix, Wawan, Hwa son (Jobirson's roommate), and Nassef (his first day out since almost 2 week of hibernation:) hehehe
The trip to Yongsan took about 35 minutes by metro. During the trip, we were talking over what we would do for the whole day.
Then, arrive we did.
It turned out that Yongsan has changed dramatically since the last time I went there about 8 years ago. Yes, 8 years ago. I did not see the old rustic and hot feeling of being there. Instead, I was greeted by the gigantic mall covering the whole section of the station. It is called I'Park Mall. The newest landmark that represent the high-tech future of Korea. It is a one stop life-style kind-of mall that I can find back home in Jakarta. Well, Grand Indonesia Shopping Mall is still bigger and upscale than this one.
But, I think this concept is relatively new to Seoul...and I love it.
I feel like being in malls in Indonesia where we can relax and enjoy the atmosphere....instead of other department stores where there are no seats but escalators to every levels with no --once again -- resting areas.
Once again, I think it is worth-visiting again and again.
Enough said.
After strolling the three large store of at least 5-floor each,  we ended up buying the laptop at a store where one girl from the Philippines was having her part-time job there. It turned out to be so. Nassef actually was the one who spotted her. So, we ended up receiving a good bargain, there.
Jobirson bought the notebook for only 480,000 Won with specifications as he wanted it to be.
and for Nassef....he bought the external hard disk that he wanted.
As for us....we were just accompanying them.
Actually, we were planning to buy cellular phones; but it turned out to be quite impossible to buy one without showing our alien cards--which we have not yet received:) So, we held back the temptation of buying one--at least up to next week.



Ah..actually, before buying those stuffs, we were so desperately hungry--especially Felix and Hwa Son--who kept insisting on having the lunch first instead of shopping.
We did:)
So, we did our lunch at a Fusion Japanese restaurant where I found Nasi Goreng. Yes, it caught my attention since it was written in Hangeul. It turned out to be seafood nasi goreng (fried rice).
I love it.
Had a great day.
Then, I went to the bookstore inside I Park mall where I ended up buying a book on English grammar with Korean explanation. Worth it, though.
--then off I went to Indonesian embassy in Youido where I wanted to meet my friend, Florian, who was teaching some students and Koreans alike. He is a dance teacher, for the record.
--one more thing, I met my old good friend, Sidum who is now an officer at the Embassy.
I went to his apartment where I met his wife and two lovable daughters.
They invited me for a dinner.
we had this big dinner where we had pajeon and kuksu with fish ( of course I did not eat the fish). The meal was great. It was a great dinner for me. Thanks, Sidum:)
Oh, Sidum also brought me one pack of noodles for vegetarian. Indeed, it is.
I am so glad that there is this particularly / specially made noodles for vegetarians like me.
hmm....I would try it later.
At around 9 p.m. I was heading back home to dormitory.
It was a long and joyful day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...