안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, September 23, 2011

Orientation for 2011 KGSP Scholarship Student (part 1)

Time: Thursday - Friday, 22 -23 September, 2011
Venue: KT Human Resources Development Center, Daejon
Participant: 279 students from around the world
Programs: Introduction of GKS scholarship; Lecture on Korean Education, History, Culture, Politics, Economy; Talent Show from representatives of the students; field trip to Expo Park and National Science Museum in Daejon.

So, I guess I would start my story with the fact that we had to wake up early in the morning on Thursday night because we got to leave for Daejon at 07.30 a.m. After an early wee hour of preparing stuffs, I made it to the bus. Off we went to Daejon at around 07.45. Departed from the tennis court of the campus, 18 of us were on board the bus with Ms. Kang and Mr. Kim from International Office accompanying us. Out of 18 students on board, most of us did not know what to expect from the orientation; what we might get and o and eat there. So, all of the expectations were high.

It took us about 3,5 hour, an hour longer than it should due to the traffic jam on highways. With about 10 minute break at the side-road rest area, we managed to refresh ourselves before continuing the journey.
Nothing pretty much interesting things to see along the way until we were approaching Daejon and had the first glimpse of how wide the Daejon lanes were; how beautiful the landscapes were; how neat the trees along the sidewalks were. It was a different place from that of Seoul. A kind of relaxing feeling set in.
I got a glimpse of an eye-opening 'scene' or new art or contemporary art displayed at unlikely place: the air over a park. I would talk about it later.
It took me a while to realize what I saw until the bus passed that 'thing' by. Since then, I got a determination that I had to go back there and take the picture of the whole 'commotion' I saw on the way to the venue.

It was my first impression of Daejon with high expectation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...