안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Monday, September 26, 2011

The new class: Reflections

Well, of course, life has its own way of mending things up. Like what I'd experienced this morning. I thought that having been prone to customized and take-it-for-granted routines would hinder me from being able to grasp the new ideas in class. It was not quite what I'd been afraid of how it would've been.
The new teachers I met today were nice and decent.
I'm glad (at least to the point where I am now) that my fellow classmates were nice, even I'd known some of them from my previous class. Back to the teachers, I think they'd do just fine to handle us.^.^ I mean, we came from differing cultural backgrounds from (let's see.....) 6 nationalities: me (Indonesian), Chinese, Kazakhstan, Japanese, Vietnamese, and Polish. From what I learned today, each of us has our own unique way of expressing ideas in Korean language, I guess it is mostly due to our previous learning as well as exposure to Korean culture. Thus, we kinda have different, yet, similar in the way we express ourselves in the language we are learning at the moment.
---
This is the first time that I have a male teacher in the classroom, since most of the Korean teachers are female. So, I guess my class teacher is an exceptionally extraordinary one because he ( I think ) has dashed through the barriers of all predominantly female positions, i.e. Korean language teachers. So, I guess it'll be an interesting journey that I'll be having for the next 2.5 months until December 5, 2011.
--
I hope and pray that I will make the best out of the class this term.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...