안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Home Plus: Food Stuffs to Bargain For

생활에 플러스가 됩니다 'We Become the Plus to Life'  or better yet...'we become the added value to your life' I think that is the meaning of Home Plus Slogan.
Yes, finally I went to Home Plus Korea.
After hearing so much buzz about this so-called Korea's used to be Tesco, I finally set my foot there.
For the past three weeks after my arrival in Seoul, E-Mart has been the so-called shopping destination for us, me as well. Well, it is relatively close from campus to walk there. As simple as that. And I think the prices are relatively cheap.
But then...I went to this Home PLus...after even my teacher mentioned that she preferred this latter department store.
I browsed on the net that it is still number two in terms of the number of stores in Korea, but it is keeping its pace with its first rival: E-Mart.
So, I stumbled upon the advertisement on how it cut lots of prices for last year's stocks. And..I went up there to check it out.
The thing was...I was thinking of buying Autumn or Winter clothes for my kids who are going to Korea this coming November. So, I got to buy some clothes for them.
I found out that the Store is organizing 50% off for their out-dated stocks. Well, as for me, it won't matter as long as they are in good condition.
Off I went to the nearest Home Plus store at Yongdo station, about 8 km away from where I live. Of course, I took the Metro to get there since from what I learned, this particular subway station has connecting door directly to the basement of the Store. Way to go.
----
It was about 3 pm and it was a bit cold, but then....I dared myself not to wear any thick clothes..but I did bring one though.
---
Upon getting off at the station I found this comparatively huge store.
It is good to know that it exists near (not that near) my campus.
----
I check out the first and the basement ...only to my amazement and awe....since I found lots and lots of cheap stuffs (well...cheap compared to other places in Korea, of course). I would never...never...never compare the prices with those of my country's.....since it will be still considered as EXPENSIVE!!! :)
So, with the Won in my pocket, I was skimming and scanning the whole floors from the basement to the 3rd floor where electronic stuffs are displayed.
---
After about 1 hour of sight-seeing, I could talk myself out...that it was okey to start shopping.
The first thing that came across my mind was how varied and inexpensive the vegetables and the food items being sold here. So, I bought two huge bottle of grape juice for only 2,600 Won. So it cost me like 1,300 Won each for the juice. What a bargain.
Then, I stumbled across the huge pile of snacks imaginable. It cost only 2,000 Won for any three kinds of snacks. As I thought that no other more intriguing stuffs going on, I came across the huge piles of choco pie that I love the most. Better yet.....it was only 960 Won each box that contains 12 pies. So, without further ado, I took two boxes.
Then...the temptation did not stop there....
I took a sweet curry with banana and corn syrup in it. It'll be delicious. Well, I haven't tried it, yet...then..of course. It was a bit like a compulsive shopping.
Indeed it was.
Then....I also took a kimchi as the appetizer to my meal, took Ottogi's mayonnaise that I like so much. I just found out that this particular thing cost only 1,900 Won, whereas I got to pay for as much as 2,400 Won at E-Mart. Hmm...it is a good bargain eh?
Let's see what I also bought in the food hall.

oh yeah...tofu. Yes, tofu is the closest thing to tempe that I miss so much.
It cost me about 15,000 Won to buy all of these stuffs.
Oh no...Oh yes....it was worth-it.
I need those stuffs since I like munching any snacks at night. LOL:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...