안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, September 25, 2011

Honeymoon in Bali (1939)

I just bumped into this movie on the internet (http://www.live-online-tv.com/tv-movie-tv-movies-tv-online-live.html)
I loved it.
It is a simple romantic movie. ^.^
I learn a lot about how Bali was pictured in the 1930's, as well as how the actors and actress portrayed its beauty as well as how American life was back then in the Pre World War era back in the 1930s. It is truly a remarkably light and delightful movie.^^
This is one of the quotes that I like^^

Gail Allen: Well... there aren't that many white women there, are there?
Bill 'Willie' Burnett: Not many.
Gail Allen: But a lot of Balinese girls...
Bill 'Willie' Burnett: Oh, a lot of them.
Gail Allen: A man like you, any man I mean, do you... er... I mean, do you marry those girls?
Bill 'Willie' Burnett: [Shakes his head] No.
Gail Allen: Oh. I... I... I suppose some of the men... I mean I suppose, er, I mean...
Bill 'Willie' Burnett: Well, you said you've seen the pictures.
Gail Allen: Do *you* have a girl out there?
Bill 'Willie' Burnett: Five.
Gail Allen: Five?
Bill 'Willie' Burnett: Five. One does the cooking, one keeps the house clean, one takes care of my clothes and one dances for me.
Gail Allen: But that's only four.
Bill 'Willie' Burnett: [Raises eyebrows and nods knowingly

taken from (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031440/quotes)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...