안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, September 18, 2011

Kimbab & Rapukki (김밥 & 라볶이), plus Halal Pringles!

kimbab & rapukki
After three weeks of being in Korea,  I finally had my first kimbab & rapukki. 라볶이와 (야채)김밥을 먹고야말았어요!!! . It's just a matter of time. It was actually a coincidentally coined dinner since my friend was actually eager to eat fish. Since I do not (yet) know many places, we just ended up going to the place where kimbab being the main dish. Upon finding the menu, we were excited as I myself could find the rapukki that I had been wanting to eat since my arrival 3 weeks ago. Then, as for my friend, he got what he wanted in the first place, it was something like kongchikimchibab (꽁치김치밥??) I am not sure whether it is correctly spelled. :)
However, it was comparatively cheap. I got to pay 4,300 Won for both kimbab and rapukki that made my belly somewhat full...:)

Then, off we went to E-Mart (again and again) for another shopping of (nothing more than) rice and more snacks--only this time, I got a halal snack, since it is made in P&G Malaysia's Original Pringles that I love so much. I bought 4 cans of Pringles for only 6,500 Won. It means it only cost me a mere 1,600 for each can. A good bargain considering one single can cost 2,500!




See the small Halal sign there?
How come that this Halal-signed product could ever be here? Because it is marketed in Asean and Korea.
I think Korea should start considering having most of its products verified Halal since more and more foreigners (especially those coming from Muslim world) come to Korea. Just look at Australia and the UK or the States where more and more Halal products are increasingly marketed into the domestic market.
It is high time for Korea to do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...