안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, September 16, 2011

Sitting in the Teaching Korean Vocabulary Class

Just got back from the class that I sat in. The other day, I was sending an email to Prof. Lee Min Woo who is in charge of teaching 한국어어휘교육론 at Graduate School of Korean Language Education. Actually I am not a registered student in the department; however, my friend, Min Seon Hee, suggested that I should sit in in one of the classes where Korean language is used as its medium, especially those in Graduate level. So, I pumped up the courage to email the professor telling him that I would like to sit in in his class, simply to learn and get exposed to real usage of Korean language at graduate level.
So, I just did it.
It was an interesting class. I think I did make a pretty good choice. He turns out to be a quite interesting professor. His choice of words is practical and easy to understand. It does not mean that I understand 100% of what he was saying during the 1.5 hour class; it was just that he has a remarkable notion of choosing words and phrases in explaining the theories in such a way that I found it easy enough for a foreigner like me to understand him. That being said, he is an excellent professor.
Of course, there were many many many expressions or stuffs that I could not simply grasp, but the whole idea of today's lecture is within my mind.
I simply love it.
I also like the way he speaks and make gestures while explaining stuffs and notions in Korean language. The class was a lively one--so to speak.
Cannot wait to be in the same class again next week........but wait...next week I am going to Daejon...so I guess I will be listening to him again the week after next.
Still, it is going to be a fun thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...