안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, September 25, 2011

Thoughts or Ideas to Ponder

- I can see the burgeoning prowess of technology in disseminating the K-Pop explosion. I saw that some groups from Jogja and other cities in Indonesia deliberately uploaded their gathering activities into YouTube. If there is one thing, I presume, logical enough to explain why they do this is that.....they want to show their existence, and I also presume that they may have wishes that other groups or people from Indonesia or from other countries...or better yet...the artists they idolize themselves.....see what they've been doing in YouTube come up and say "Hi" or even support them....that would make what they do seem/become invaluable. I just cannot believe how (out of respect to the presence of their idols) they spend their own money to celebrate, say, one's idol birthday! This is so unbelievable or unimaginable to those who cannot understand the K-Pop phenomenon.  (From this thought: I think I can write something like:  The relation among K-Pop Idols, YouTube, and K-Pop Lovers: Bridging the Two Seemingly Improbable Worlds

- I saw an article in Korea Herald on September 24, 2011 about the ever-growing influence of K-Pop in Asia. The thing was that...the news focused its report on the social impact of K-Pop in the Philippines (covering 95% of the whole news) and in Thailand (the remaining 5%). Hmmm, I just wonder that Indonesia's K-Pop explosion has yet to be recognized, though. I am sure there have been lots of news covering this phenomenon for the last decade. Still, I think, the idea that craziness towards this K-Pop also occur in Indonesia needs to be brushed up to the Korean world:). (From this thought: I think I can write deeper about the phenomenon in Indonesia for the last decade). I think I did it already but in smaller scope, covering only that of Jogjakarta)

- After being in Korea for the last three weeks, I came across some notions about how this K-Pop artists are really really 'products' of rigorous training and 'captivity' to make them what they look and sound today. They have undergone excruciating experiences to shape how they look and how they behave in front of the camera. This would be ( I think) a good start to write something about this. I am sure that there must be lots of articles or papers written about this, but by looking at those ones, I guess I can start something that may be overlooked in its core. 

- I also came to realize the relation between K-Pop stars and the applicable laws in Korea that allows teenagers to work full time. It is interesting to see how the under pressurizing it would be to come with terms of being idols and being teenagers at the same time. I presume they must've prepared themselves for this. They (all of them??? that's the question) must have chosen this path as their life, though. So, from this thought: I can write something about whether they are aware that as teenagers they have their rights of not having to work overload. I also kind of questioning whether Korean law in regards to teen/child labor do apply on  these kids (a.k.a. K-Pop idols who are mostly still in their high schools when they start their stardom). I am sure a lot of scholars must have written something about this notions). Let's see what I can do with this.

- I also came to see the exploit of K-Pop in Korean television shows. Well, what I mean by exploiting is that...the artist should or must do something to meet the palatable eyes of the viewers...or the eyes of the TV producers. ^.^. Well, I mean...it may not be an exploitation....I do not know yet...what it is....but....the female stars (more often than their male counterparts) tend to dress up in minimum outfit, especially mini shorts. Well, I guess the artist themselves like to dress up this way. But, I just wonder how this would impact the younger generations who are still in kindergarten and elementary schools. They must be aware of this. Now, the question that come to my mind is how fast Korean society changes itself in term of what is being appropriate and what is not. I am not the one who can judge actually, because it is subjective in nature: simply speaking because I come from Indonesia--a predominantly Muslim country; in that I come to Korea with a perspective that wearing short pants or tight pants in public is regarded as being insensitive to the religious or social norms. So, going back to what I wrote earlier, the female artists of most K-Pop idols do like wearing short pants in their music videos and in their live performances. And.....interestingly...that is one of the marketable notions of what K-Pop is all about, in terms of female artists, of course; though in terms of male K-Pop stars...the relatively similar issue may arise: i.e. having to show off their six-pack body and well-built hunk-like features. Now, once again, sometimes it would be sooooooooo interestingly challenging to do a questionnaire to the ajumma or the ommonies, the mothers of young children in Korea on how this so-called K-Pop artists have shaped or changed the way they see the changing society in Korea; in precise: to see as to whether the seemingly acceptable notion of short-pants in front of their eyes being thrown upon their young children.
Actually, I can somewhat predict what they would mostly say....but it would not be an interesting part. I was just glued or intrigued by the fact that......Korean girls / young girls love to show off their long legs..and that is the simple reason as to why.......short pants combined with high heels are a trending fashion during summer. Now, it is Autumn already.....but I can see some of the girls do wear short pants although ( I am sure) they know that it is so indisputably cold.^^. Gosh, there are so many things to think and write about. ^.^

- More ideas to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...