안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chuseok Tteok 추석의 떡

tteok in varied colors
In conjunction with the national holiday of Chuseok festivity, the dormitory management had informed all residents that the management would be giving away 250 sets of rice cakes (tteok) or 떡 in Korean. We just need to show the student card and dormitory access card to receive the package. So, since it would the first time for me, I kept it in mind that I got to wake up early so as to be able to receive the package. Interestingly, I never thought that most of the recipients would be foreign students, I bet they just wanted to take this rare opportunity to receive a kind of remembrance that as of today, Chuseok celebration or Chuseok Eve was on its way.


the wrapping 
I got my chance to have one, too. I was going to the first floor with an elevator when I realized that two ajeossies (caretaker) of the dormitory were waiting for everyone who was going out through the gate. So, since they were right in front of the entrance gate, I might as well showed my cards and in return I got a set of tteok or rice cake.
It was the day when most of the foreign students went to Namsangol Hanok Village to enjoy Chuseok. So, I put the tteok into my bag to keep them for lunch later on.
The pictures are those of the set of tteok.
Small, but OK-lah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...