안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chuseok Holiday

September 12 - 13 is a holiday in Korea: It's Chuseok Time. I won't write about what Chuseok is, for it is Google-able. I am just going to jot down how it was today as the start of the festivity began, even yesterday for some. Most of the dormitory residents went home to their hometown since yesterday, including my roommate. The dorm all of suddenly came to a standstill to some extent. Fewer sounds of chats and footsteps from across the lounge and public areas where most students usually meet are vanishing..:)
I found it too quiet for a dorm to be like this.
This is Saturday night and yet..the whole campus area where most students usually hang out was also deserted. The already chilling temperature at the beginning of Autumn made it even more eerie.
That is the simplest reason as to why I am going to take part in Chuseok festivity held at Hwanok Village on Sunday (tomorrow) so as I can get away a bit from this sudden-quietness of the dorm.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...