안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, September 10, 2011

COEX Mall & Megabox Cinema


My first BK in Seoul
Megabox Cineplex
It has been like 8 years since the last time I visited Coex Mall. I guess so. This time around, I was so excited of coming there again since it used to be my hang-out place. But...the feeling was different now. I did not find the excitement as I used to have back then. It did not entice me the way it wooed me years ago. In fact, Grand Indonesia Shopping Town and Central Park in Jakarta are more far better than this one. I guess because it was built in the early of 2000's. But, still...this place still attracts lots of people since it is located in the World Trade Center where lots of foreigners come to do business and leisure.


The only reason why I visited this place is the fact that I was once more into the Bandi and Luni's Bookstore there. I used to be a member and I just reapplied again to confirm my membership. I spent like two hours strolling and skimming the books that I love. It is such a haven for such an avid reader like me:) aha.




Bandi & Luni's
Then, something caught my attention, there was a section where all Disney books were discounted up to 70%. I bought this sticker book for only as much as 5,400 Won, or a mere US$ 5. What a bargain. I was thinking of having it as a present to my kids when they are coming to Seoul this November.

Then, I got a chance to go to Megabox Cineplex. I still remember it as the biggest cineplex in town. Now that I am accustomed to having this kind of Cineplex back home in Indonesia, I did not find it interesting as I did the first time I was here. And..the price of movie ticket is also
comparatively expensive...it is about 8,000 to 13,000 Won depending on its movies. The most expensive one would be those in 3D.

Since I did not have a plan to see any movies, I just entered the hall and checked out somte posters of the movies and learned a bit about the atmosphere of the place.
This time around...I found out that the blockbuster movies being screened are Final Destination 5 (3D), Colombiana, Planet of the Apes: Rise of the Apes; The Champs (챔프), Shark Night (3D), 도나기, and Korean animated feature (쥴리의 육지 대모험). The Korean movies I mentioned earlier are both that are intentionally premiered for Chuseok (Thanksgiving Day) in Korea.
Oh, I also managed to have something to eat at Burger King. Well, I could enjoy the french fries!!! The price is the same as that of Jakarta's. So, it would not be such a good idea to coming there or eating there often; for it would not be a wise thing to do.
Here are the snapshots that I took for my trip today.
The book for Eyra & Freya
- My burger and french fries @ Burger King
- Bandi & Luni's facade
- Megabox Cinema (Korea'a answer to Blitz Megaplex since it also features independent movies). I found an Indian movie titled "Three Idiots" being screened there. I wonder if there were any moviegoers watching this movie in Korea.
- Link O where I bought the stationary. It is one of the famous stationary chain store in Korea. This place used to be the place where I bought most of my office utensils back then. I had to buy stapler, its staples, some glue, and a clear book to keep my paper and other notes; oh and a box of Post-it for my daily use.
- The facade of Coex Mall where the Hyatt Park is visible (though vaguely)

For those who want to get there, just google it. Coex Mall.
Stationary from Link O
I myself....just hopped on Seoul Metro from Hufs station and went to Sinseoldong to tranfer to Seongsu where I got to take the green line up to Samseong station where Coex is located.
It took me about 45 minutes from where I live to get there. So, it would be a good idea to go there again. But, on second thought, I was thinking of going to Konkuk ibgu (건국입구역) since I spotted a great place to hang out or to see on my way to Coex. I guess it would be a nice place to go to some time. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...